Friday, January 13, 2012

On Leaving for Kenya

On Sunday I get on a plane in Indianapolis and 24 hours later I arrive in Nairobi for what will be a wonderful and eye opening experience.  While for 3 years I have been involved in the Global Interfaith Partnership and have read the stories of journeys to the region but I know I get to see it myself.  There is a part of my that has no idea what to expect.  I have been thinking a lot about the small nuisances of our daily lives and wonder how with all of those little nuisances my life is so easy.  I hope that my eyes will be opened to a new way to see the world.  But I still have no real notion of how things will change me.  What I do know is that I am excited to be able to go and I hope you will join me reading how my thoughts develop.

No comments:

The Eclipse Is Bringing Back Memories of My Dad

In less than a day Indianapolis will be in the path of totality for a solar eclipse.  There has been a great deal of hype for this around he...